Nut butter is now the new obsession of many people.
The aisle for them is always filled with delicious and heavenly mashed up almonds, maple syrup, or cinnamon. Many blends became a big hit in the market in the past years. Some people crave for them and can’t stop eating them.
The ethereal creaminess, the smoothness, and the blended ingredients all attract the tastes of many consumers. These blends are mixed with strawberries, chocolate, almonds, hazelnut, sunflower seeds, and cashews. The butter itself is creamy with chocolate and products of cocoa. Some even throw fruit into the mix to spice things up.
There are sweetened honey and maple that are perfect for a great afternoon. Some flavors even include a brownie, cookie doughs, pretzels, and dried fruits. Some people may find these jars worth it and very affordable. With the luscious taste of white chocolate almond butter, you certainly need to indulge in a pot before going to the office.
Basics of a Nut Butter
The methods for flavored nut butter are the same as the regular peanut butter. If you decide to make the sunflower seed variety, please note that it has a tendency to fight off spices, but it works well with sweet flavors.
- Spices can include cayenne, red pepper, chili powder. The blends can consist of apple pie spice, garam masala, za-atar, espresso powder, sumac, and BBQ rub.
- Liquid sweeteners can loosen the overall texture. But their crystallized form can add flavor while adding a slightly grainy texture at the same time. You can opt between honey or its crystals. You also have the option to use maple syrup or its sugar variety. You can use vanilla sugar or paste. You can include molasses or sorghum.
- The chocolate should be a tablespoon or two of fine cocoa powder. If you want to have a slightly rocky texture, you can add finely chopped, mini chips, or grated chocolate shavings.
- If you want to add fruits in the mix, you can go for the dried varieties. There are snack aisles that offer dried mangoes. Any pulverized fruit can be a mix, and it will add texture and flavor to the finished product. You can add dried blueberries, raisins, cherries, currants, apricots, peaches, or apples if you want.
- The mix-ins will determine how chunky you want the texture of your butter to become. You can add toasted coconut or the shredded varieties. You can throw into the mix bits of granola, chopped chocolates, crumbled cookies, or toffee chips.
Additional Tips for You
- The combination of flavors is natural, depending on your taste. You can make different types of flavors as long as you created a high-quality almond mix. The flavorings, sweeteners, and mix-ins can be added later on.
- Choose the natural almond butter whenever possible. The almond butter that includes only nuts into the mix with a sprinkle of salt can be ideal starters. You can choose how sweet you want the entire thing by selecting the right sweetener that won’t compete with the sugar and oil. There are a lot of sites like Julies Real Nut Butters that can give you more information about this, so be sure to check them out.
- You should prefer natural sweeteners such as honey, maple syrup, or agave. The liquid sweetener varieties can blend well with the butter without the thickening factor that many people do not like.
- If you include vanilla and other spices, you can have an excellent snack anytime. Some of the spices that you should consider include chai spice, cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spice. They are adding the sweet taste without the unnecessary sugar into the mix.
- The powdered mix-ins can thicken your flavored nut butter. These mix-ins include cocoa powder that can thicken the consistency and make it into a dough-like texture. If you notice that you have a very thick batter, you can loosen it up a bit using milk or water.
A Final Word
There are a lot of recipes online that can guide you on how to make your flavored nut butter in the comforts of your own home. Be sure to check them out. Also, you can try to experiment with different fruits, sweeteners, and mix-ins to see which ones you and your family will prefer. If you find the recipes to be a hassle, you can always find high-quality nut butter inside a lot of stores or order them online.